Monday, March 30, 2020

CORONA VIRUS SAYS IT ALL!

In my old age I have been more of a house mouse than in my younger years.  I like  to be at home.  I love to read, watch TV, knit, make hand-made cards, do jigsaw puzzles...  I could go on but you get the idea.  But mandated to stay home, seeing my regular haunts: restaurants, theatres, library, parks, etc. closed-that is entirely different.

All of a sudden I don't want to stay home at all.  My daughter, whose job is an online job which keeps her at the computer from 8AM till 6 or 7PM said the same thing.  It was fine when her work kept her "housebound" but now all she thinks about is NOT being able to go somewhere. For us, to be very honest, it's really not being able to go out to eat.
 
Still, I think it is important for the sake of all of us to be able to be on our best behavior.  A smile and kind consideration for our loved ones stuck inside with us and for everyone else when we do go to the store for groceries.  A smile can really help those who are feeling "under" these circumstances and a confident hope that the ending will come can encourage those who can't see that.

As a Christian I think everything that happens on this earth is easier to face.  We don't understand most of it any better than the next person,  but we do, or we should, have a better acceptance and courage to live each day in it.

Certainly looking to the day when we will have all come through it together, looking back, is the best way to overcome any fear or depression it may want to cause in addition to the micro-organism that is wreaking all the havoc.

I know words are not going to make it easy or even help people to feel victorious, but sharing positive thoughts and giving away some of our strength of resolve to endure can't hurt.  So I pray you all lift your head high, hug your family in your homes and look for that day believing and totally hopeful the end is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment