Thursday, July 10, 2014

God's favorite face to me

God's favorite face to me

It has been too long since I have been able to visit the ocean and walk along the beach.  When I lived in Jupiter, FL I lived off a road that passed the Jupiter Lighthouse and crossed an Intracoastal waterway bridge no matter where my destination was that day.  I remember those mornings when I would be way way under my circumstances and time seemed as if it had gone on forever, but just looking at the water and seeing that Lighthouse over my shoulder and it all seemed to feel better.  It almost made it seem that just the scenery was enough to make all the problems disappear.

Well it wasn't enough and the problems didn't disappear and then they got worse when I not only lost my job but I had to move away from the ocean and the lighthouse and that scenery that can salve my soul and soothe my heart as no other can.

Living near mountains or in the foothills just doesn't do it for me.  It helps to see a sunset when I can find a place to let it through and time it right to be there then, but it is never like being able to go to the ocean's edge and feel the sand beneath my feet give way or let the waves slap my feet.

Oh well, a picture is worth a 1000 words so lets just gaze and wish our lives away.  I know we shouldn't and it won't one bit of difference, but for the next few minutes, Dear Lord, please forgive me if I do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment